Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Zoho Planner

I would like to submit the following tool that I have found for this exercise and have begun to enjoy using. It is Zoho Planner. This tool is somewhat like a task/to do function that exists within outlook. However, I find this tool simpler than the outlook tool and this one will send email reminders which, when I receive them on my cell phone, is helpful. Another added bonus for me is that I can upload files to the site as well. This is helpful, because I use the MS Office suite for my documents, however my work computer restrictions prevent me from accessing MS Office live, which is my portable office tool of choice. The way I would prefer to use the Office Live site is when I have a quick lunch break, I may pull up a document, edit and then store online. Once I am home I can access it with my laptop and continue my work. But with the restrictions I am unable to do this, but with Zoho Planner, I can perform similar tasks and then upload the document for later at home, or elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. The Zoho Contacts import feature, from Webmail applications (GMail, Yahoo Mail or Windows Live/Hotmail) and email applications (.csv, .ldif and .vcf file formats), makes Zoho potentially useful for consolidating contact information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thought here is you discovered a tool because of restrictions at work. I wonder with the push for Web 2.0 and the cloud how these type of restrictions will be managed from work environments if allowed at all. Anymore we are becoming more integrated but have restrictions placed on us. So tools become available and I just wonder if it becomes the best one wins or will one day we can access all things no matter where we are connecting to the Internet.

    Cool tool though :)

    ReplyDelete