Sunday, May 9, 2010

A little multimedia poem using metaphors

How to train someone that I know to improve their media literacy:

First of all, my friends,

I must get to the root,

When the computer is turned on,

first comes the boot,


I tell my friend it will be fine

And they should have no hindrance

By turning on a machine

That is described as virtual intelligence


Next I get to do

something of which I’m fond

And that is to type my name

and perform my own log on


Communicate is the next item

Something to do before I get bitter

And that is to let my friends know

That I am on by twitter


Into a world I must go

Its really not actual

This other world is really

Called something that is virtual


Once inside this other world

there is something quite bizarre

I now must communicate with

my own expressive avatar


Now my friend the lesson nears

I hope it’s not a dud

I really wanted to make this

Quite as clear as mud

2 comments:

  1. I was certainly not booted out on my first read! I decided to try one more time with my given intelligence. So, I threw away my sleeping log, twitched a little, and got real about reading your blog. Here I am present on this write! And, yes, I got a little dirty - nothing I can't run down to the nearest sink to clean up!

    Neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is turning into a real trip. The poetry is serving the same purpose as a metaphor in that it makes the object of the poetry more fun, clearer and personal. It will also serve to attract persons who are not considered technical. Dennis you have a lot of talents.

    ReplyDelete